Having wrote about the top ten things I discovered in my first year at Codeweavers, I figured it would be time for a follow up after the past two years. In no particular order, a collection of the biggest lessons I have experienced.
- Design by Contract
- Test Driven Development (TDD) is a Tool
- Design is Important
- Don't tie yourself to a Framework
- The Importance of Tools
- Acceptance Testing need not use the Full Stack
- Program for Change (Open/Closed Principle)
- Reinvent the Wheel, Often
- Do it right - violate YAGNI
- Practice, Practice, Practice
I'll expand on these topics over time in future posts.